Job at EUCL : Director Planning & Development (Deadline: 28 November 2018)
The Energy Sector in Rwanda is undergoing a process of reform and a comprehensive program of renewal and expansion of electricity infrastructure is underway to ensure growth of the network to meet current and future supply requirements with a high level of reliability. The Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) is a Subsidiary of the Rwanda Energy Group (REG) one of the Successor entities from the former EWSA. EUCL took over EWSA utility operations including the associated generation plants, transmission and distribution network and all adjoining facilities thereto.
Description, duties, responsibilities
To ensure the sustainable industry best practices in Power System Operational Planning and ensure proper alignment of network reinforcement and future developments.
- Represent Utility (EUCL) in the development of the medium and long-term Network Master Plans
- Monitor network performance and coordinate with other technical departments to trace the actual cause of network disturbances and establish corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure utility engages in cost reflective projects during development and operation phases;
- Ensure that new customers will get connected in respect to the timeframes for connection set in customer charter of the Utility;
- Produce Department budget, and Support by providing input into corporate budget
- Maintain operations within approved budgets
Network performance management
- Direct the optimisation of the performance and reliability of the existing system and coordinate with REG and EDCL in planning for future additions.
- Lead Utility initiatives to improve operational efficiency, loss reduction and coordinate with REG/EDCL to ensure operational efficiency initiatives are aligned with long-term plans.
Health & Safety
- Champion the health and safety policy and the environmental impact adherence by all staff involved in utility projects
- Manage Department to ensure total professional conduct
Education and Experience requirements
- MSc and BSc Degree in Electrical, Power Systems Engineering or equivalent Electromechanical Engineering, with at least 6 years of experience in Electricity Utility Planning or similar experience, at least 3 of which in a senior management role with responsibility for planning of network expansion, rehabilitation and maintenance;
- BSc Degree in Electrical, Power Systems Engineering or equivalent, with at least 8 years of experience in Electricity Utility Planning or similar experience, at least 4 of which in a senior management role with responsibility for planning of network expansion, rehabilitation and maintenance;
Graduate qualification in management or other project management qualification is an advantage