Job at EUCL : Financial Reporting Accountant (Deadline: 17 April 2017)
The Energy Sector in Rwanda is undergoing a process of reform and a comprehensive program of renewal and expansion of electricity infrastructure is underway to ensure growth of the network to meet current and future supply requirements with a high level of reliability. The Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) is a Subsidiary of the Rwanda Energy Group (REG) one of the Successor entities from the former EWSA. EUCL took over EWSA utility operations including the associated generation plants, transmission and distribution network and all adjoining facilities thereto.
Description, duties, responsibilities
This role will be responsible for regulatory reporting including preparing financial and regulatory reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and assisting in the coordination of external audits
- Maintains and develops various accounting systems and processes. Recommends and implements ideas and innovations to improve upon existing systems, work processes and procedures
- Identify and drive the implementation of process improvements to decrease costs and increase efficiency while maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Implementation of the quarterly and annual tax provision and compliance processes.
- Prepare and communicate the monthly close calendars to the holding and finance accounting teams
- Advise management on resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Assist with the preparation of audit work papers, providing documentation and explanations as outlined in procedures.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Balance Sheet reconciliation tools and process for the entire accounting organization
- Perform monthly balance sheet and/or income statement variance analysis
- Lead in the preparation of financial statements including footnote disclosures in compliance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Financial management skills
- Analytical and result oriented skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in commerce, Accounting, Business Administration
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Finance related role
- ACCA,CPA qualification and 5 years of experience in a Finance related role