Job at EUCL: Head of Budgeting & Reporting (Deadline: 17 April 2017)
The Energy Sector in Rwanda is undergoing a process of reform and a comprehensive program of renewal and expansion of electricity infrastructure is underway to ensure growth of the network to meet current and future supply requirements with a high level of reliability. The Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) is a Subsidiary of the Rwanda Energy Group (REG) one of the Successor entities from the former EWSA. EUCL took over EWSA utility operations including the associated generation plants, transmission and distribution network and all adjoining facilities thereto.
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Manager Budget& Reporting is responsible for developing, managing, monitoring and reviewing the annual organizational budget.
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate budget policies and procedures, and make recommendations as necessary
- Manage, coordinate, and participate in the development of the Utility’s annual budget and prepare revenue projections.
- Develop preliminary and final budget documents and participate in budget hearings.
- Prepare five year revenue and expenditure projections.
- Review staff reports relative to their budget impact and work with other managers to resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Research, analyse, evaluate, and develop findings and make recommendations involving complex budget and financial management issues.
- Conduct research, evaluate information and formulate recommendations for enhancing the Utility’s budget development process and budget documents.
- Review the capital improvement plan for consistency with the annual operating and capital budget.
- Manage cost allocation and fee analyses and works with consultants to produce related studies.
Monitaring and Reporting
- Develop monthly and annual budget performance reports for management’s attention.
- Analyse revenue and expenditure variances relative to the adopted budget and prepare monthly management reports including recommendations.
- Supervise and manage the performance and development of the unit staff in line with the Organization’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
- Develop a unit annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with the Business plan
- Good leadership skills
- Financial management skills
- Analytical and result oriented skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in Finance , Business, Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration other related field
- Full professional qualification(ACMA, ACCA,CPA, CA…..)
- At least five (05) years’ experience in a Finance/ accounting role