Job at EUCL : Procurement Specialist (Deadline: 23 November 2018)
The Energy Sector in Rwanda is undergoing a process of reform and a comprehensive program of renewal and expansion of electricity infrastructure is underway to ensure growth of the network to meet current and future supply requirements with a high level of reliability. The Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) is a Subsidiary of the Rwanda Energy Group (REG) one of the Successor entities from the former EWSA. EUCL took over EWSA utility operations including the associated generation plants, transmission and distribution network and all adjoining facilities thereto.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Interact with suppliers on a daily basis to resolve transactional issues and gather critical information on invoices, tracking information on shipments/deliveries, taxes. Etc.
- Responsible for appropriate supplier selection/bidding processes for selected purchase requests, and supplier and contract pricing validation for all purchase requests using appropriate procurement methods;
- Responsible for projects’ follow-up to ensure efficient and effective procurement processes.
Required Education background & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree(A0) in Procurement, Business Administration, Law, Supply Chain Management, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electro-mechanical engineering and, or any other relevant qualifications.
- Full or partial professional certification in Procurement will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years of experience in the procurement field with one of which should be experience in electronic procurement systems. This experience must be demonstrated with proofs from current or previous Employees.
- At least one (1) years’ experience in skills transfer through coaching, mentoring, skills enhancement, teaching in procurement related domains.
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures and guidelines for Rwanda, World Bank, African Development Bank (AfDB), European Union, and other guidelines from Development Partners will be an added advantage;
- Possession of other training certificates in the procurement field
- Knowledge of supply chain management and/or procurement cycle
Past use of an Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system and E-procurement will be an added advantage system with proof.