Job at FH Association Rwanda: LIVELIHOODS OFFICER (2 POSITIONS) (Deadline: 07 December 2017)
FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA
(Food for the Hungry)
P.O.BOX 911 Kigali, Rwanda
KG 5 Road, UMUYENZI PLAZA 2nd Floor Remera, Kisimenti
FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian Relief and Development Organization with a vision “All forms of poverty ended worldwide” and a mission “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.”
- LIVELIHOODS OFFICER (2 POSITIONS)
We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced “Livelihoods Officer” (2 positions) to work in the following cluster areas: Mwendo sector in Ruhango district, and Nyarubaka sector in Kamonyi (1 per cluster).
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result # 1 – Ensure quality standards and technical quality design
- Develop and support implementation of appropriate Livelihoods and economic empowerment interventions.
- Ensure that all FH Livelihoods and economic empowerment interventions are well aligned to the Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI) and Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC) recommended standards and designs respectively.
- Analyze the needs of the beneficiary population in terms of Livelihoods and economic empowerment andmake recommendations
- Design and ensure effective promotion of appropriate Livelihoods (Agricultural) and economic empowerment messages through Saving groups and village kitchen gardens.
Key result # 2 –Training, Monitoring and Reporting
- Facilitate the process ofmoving target beneficiaries out of poverty through Livelihoods and economic empowerment
- Facilitate trainings on Livelihoods and economic empowerment
- Participate in designing and implementing surveys and assessments related to the field of Livelihoods and economic empowerment
- Compile success stories for supporting resource mobilization, communications and fundraising campaigns.
- Prepare various reports in line with the reporting schedule, including reports on progress of activities.
Key Result #3 Collaboration and networking
- Coordinate with Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI) and Ministry of Local Government (MINALOC) and other relevant Government Offices in the joint implementation ofLivelihoods and economic empowerment
- Identify and maintain contact with key government and other organizations for networking.
- Identify special needs and potential program areas and draft summaries or proposals on the same.
- Represent FH in Agriculture and livestock coordination meetings at sector and district levels.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Highly motivated, self starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
- Ability to write well organized reports and other official correspondences.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Field experience and knowledge in working with rural communities
- Willing to live and work within the sector/cluster
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder ofa Degree in Agronomy/ Agriculture Education and Extension/ Livestock Production or equivalent from a reputable institution plus 3 years working in community based programming preferably an NGO setting.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, updated CV with three referees and day telephone contacts, not later than Thursday, 7thDecember 2017 via email: [email protected] or mailed to FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) P.O. Box 911 Kigali, KG 5 Road, UMUYENZI PLAZA 2nd Floor at Remera, Kisimenti or FH Office in Gatunda Sector, Nyagatare District or FH Office in Muhanga District.
- The CV and the Motivation letter should be attached to the email with the following subject line depending on the position the candidate is applying for: “LIVELIHOODS OFFICER”, or “HEALTH AND EDUCATION OFFICER” or “MULTI-SECTOR FACILITATOR” or “FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER, or CLUSTER SPONSORSHIP RELATIONS OFFICER ”
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next stage of recruitment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to show originals and provide notarized copies of degree, diploma or certificates. They will also provide copies of testimonials of rendered services from former employers.
Done at Kigali, 22nd November 2017
FH Association Rwanda Management