Job at FH Rwanda: Finance and Administration Officer (Deadline: 07 December 2017)
FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA
(Food for the Hungry)
P.O.BOX 911 Kigali, Rwanda
KG 5 Road, UMUYENZI PLAZA 2nd Floor Remera, Kisimenti
FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian Relief and Development Organization with a vision “All forms of poverty ended worldwide” and a mission “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.”
- FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (2 POSITIONS)
We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced “Finance and Administration Officer”
(2 positions) to work in the following cluster areas: Mwendo sector in Ruhango district and Nyarubaka sector in Kamonyi (1 per cluster).
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this position. The incumbent may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those spelt out below to address needs and changes in the organization.
Key Result #1 – Accounting, financial and internal controls
- Ensure that all transactions relating to a particular day are recorded in the Journals in a timely manner.
- She/he is responsible for filing of all financial records and ensuring that files are labeled in accordance with FH filing policy.
- Support the cluster coordinators in review of monthly report and budget C adjustments
- Support Cluster coordinators and field staff in the development of new project budgets
- Train field staff on basic financial documentation and processes including training then on coding
- Ensure all documentation like beneficiaries list, activity reports, GRN are properly filled and attached to payment.
- Work with drivers to ensure that vehicle log sheet/book at cluster level is filled and sent on time to head office.
Key Result #2 – Program advances and Payments at cluster level
- Manages the Program advances settlement and report to the FM in case a staff has failed to settle his/her advance in two weeks.
- Verifies the Program advance report and ensures that all the relevant documents are provided and proper coding is done
- He/she must also ensure that the nature of expenses matches the program advance request.
- Responsible for petty cash management including supporting in small procurement at the cluster level
- Ensure control and security of cash resources.
Key result # 3: Handling administrative and logistical duties at cluster level
- Arrange accommodation and travel for visitors, sponsors or donors visiting the cluster offices as needed.
- Assist the HR and Admin Department with leave management and ensure that the office and office equipment are clean at all times
- Put a system of register incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintain reference number system.
- Develop and maintain an accurate filing system, monitor the use of office supplies and equipment.
- Assist the HR and Admin Department in coordinating Staff Learning and Development efforts at the cluster level
- Work with the Logistics Officer based in Kigali and ensure that the office equipment at the cluster office is maintained (copier machine, printers, etc.) and an updated asset and inventory list is updated
- Supervise drivers, security guards and office hosts at the cluster office
- With support from Logistics officer, oversee vehicle and motor bike movement plans, fueling and maintenances of vehicle and motorbikes based at the cluster level
- Christian commitment to serving the poor
- Proven Experience & application knowledge of Sun Systems V188.8.131.52 Sun systems, or other financial accounting systems
- Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work with a high degree of motivation and adaptability
- Organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Must have accuracy and reliability
- Must have good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English, French and Kinyarwanda.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from a recognized and certified institution or University plus Professional Accounting Qualifications, or Advanced Diploma (A1) in Secretariat, Administration have minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position with an International NGO.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, updated CV with three referees and day telephone contacts, not later than Thursday, 7thDecember 2017 via email: [email protected] or mailed to FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) P.O. Box 911 Kigali, KG 5 Road, UMUYENZI PLAZA 2nd Floor at Remera, Kisimenti or FH Office in Gatunda Sector, Nyagatare District or FH Office in Muhanga District.
- The CV and the Motivation letter should be attached to the email with the following subject line depending on the position the candidate is applying for: “LIVELIHOODS OFFICER”, or “HEALTH AND EDUCATION OFFICER” or “MULTI-SECTOR FACILITATOR” or “FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER, or CLUSTER SPONSORSHIP RELATIONS OFFICER ”
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next stage of recruitment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to show originals and provide notarized copies of degree, diploma or certificates. They will also provide copies of testimonials of rendered services from former employers.
Done at Kigali, 22nd November 2017
FH Association Rwanda Management