Job at FHI 360 : Deputy Chief of Party-operations, Rwanda Service Delivery Activity (31 May 2017)
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party-Operations
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Deputy Chief of Party-Operations (DCOP-O) for an anticipated project in Rwanda, focused onimproving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention activities. The DCOP-O will be responsible for administrative and financial leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of project set-up, daily operations, and close-out. The DCOP will manage the administrative and logistic infrastructure of key components of the program description and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in health service delivery programming and donor-specified compliance. The position will be based in Kigali and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Deputy Chief of Party-Operations will have the following responsibilities:
- Set up and adjust as needed all field-based administrative, financial, procurement, HR and other operational systems and processes, and organize appropriate training and orientation on policies and systems for all field staff at the time of hire and on-going.
- Oversee all administrative and logistical staff in the main and field offices.
- Cooperate closely with the Chief of Party (COP) on all administrative matters.
- Work closely with Home Office administrative (including financial, contracts, HR, etc.), program and operational teams to ensure timely and quality reporting, and lead field team in office/program set-up and close-out processes.
- Assure that the project is in compliance with USAID and FHI 360 regulations and procedures.
- Provide direction and guidance to local staff and subcontractor staff on compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, and other administrative, financial, HR and logistical questions.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project operational procedures, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Rwandan context.
- Oversee a team of administrative, logistics, and financial staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Serve as a program representative in the absence/temporary leave of the COP/DCOP-T.
- Master’s Degree in international development, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field is required.
- 7+ or more years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract/grant management.
- Knowledge and experience working within the health sector; experience working in on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Experience with a USG cooperative agreement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English; French language skills desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Word and Excel.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com as soon as possible and no later than May 31, 2017.Please quote Requisition ID 18562 in the subject line. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kigali May 11, 2017
Eustochie Sezibera Agasaro
Project Director, Rwanda MCOP Project