Job at Foreign and Commonwealth Office : Estates Support Officer A2 (5/18KG) (Deadline: 31 October 2018 )
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Main purpose of job:
Provide support to the Estates Section by ensuring that communication to customer is done on time and all other Estates documentations are updated and filed as per FCO policy.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Communicate to customers on progress of works being done in their properties
- Conducting ‘March In’ and ‘’March Out’’ procedures for incoming & out going UK-based staff/occupant(s) of allocated property and their domestic staff – includes checking/signing Inventories and making concrete arrangements for the collection of keys at beginning and ending of Posting
- Lead tender processes of Estates projects that are less than £25,000
- Coordinate Estates related purchases (online and local) and payment by GPC of approved Estates invoices
- Inventory updates of all BHC properties ensuring they are accurately and promptly updated when changes are made and that signed copies are returned to Accommodation Section within a given period.
- In charge of organising general cleaning of houses ensure there is a proper planning and follow up.
- Assisting with the supervision of ofloading shipment/containers and distribution of contents in appropriate properties / stores.
- Preparation of requisitions and receipting of goods and services in PRISM
- Facilitate good working relationships between Estates and suppliers ensuring that BHC retains a positive image as a client
- Filling Estates related documents (Inspection reports, H&S documents, etc)
- Work with the Logistics Officer to prepare auctions
- Participate in Estates monthly meeting
- Back up of the Estates Manager
- Any other duties required by the Estates Manager
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Manage different contract- approx £72,000 per year
- Degree in Business and Administration or related field or Esates Management
- 2 years experience in Procurment and or general Office Administation
- Experience of identifying requirements and implementing a plan to meet them.
- Inventory/Store management
- Very well conversant in using computer applications (MS word, MS Excelle, Power point, Outlook,)
- Very good in communication (written and oral) to a variety of customers
- Decision Making skills and willingness to take initiative in own work
- Having a valid Rwanda Driving License
- Experience in store managment
- Experience workng with International Non Organisation or a Diplomatic Mission
Normal hours are 0800-1700 Monday to Thursday; 0800-1200 on Friday, and out of hours responses to emergencies as necessary. We encourage applications for flexible working.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
There is ample opportunity to develop with FCO/Civil Service courses that offer world-class training in corporate service provision. We have a generous training budget and we encourage staff to identify training to improve their performance and aid their career progression, in consultation with their line-manager. Previous staff have studied for professional and university-based qualifications, and conducted training in the region at in the UK.
The British High Commission Kigali is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Rwandan employment law.
Staff are entitled to 25 leave days per year
Medical Assurance: 100% Regional cover for staff plus dependents
BHC pays 8.6% of staff statutory pension
Paternity leave: 10 days
Maternity leave: 3 months fully paid
- This position is a fixed term contract which is valid until 30 April 2019.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Rwanda.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-frameworkPlease note: EO=B3
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.