Job at Gicumbi District : Director of Business development and Employment unit (Deadline: 26 January 2018)
– Coordinate, the planning, budgeting, resource
mobilization, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and
reporting related to Business development and
– Develop and oversee the implementation of actionable strategies or plans meant to localize national policies and the District Council’s decisions pertaining to the promotion of business development and job creation;
– Raise local population awareness on the importance of savings and connect them with business people, entrepreneurs and financial institutions in order to exploit the existing business opportunities;
– Facilitate the creation of business linkages (supply contracts) between local SMEs/cooperatives and large firms by putting in place a win
– win mechanism of complementarities;
– Coordinate the identification, updating and exploitation of business and local economic development opportunities/ potentialities available within the District;
– Coordinate employment mainstreaming in District Development Plan and action plans
– Ensure a well
– functioning of access to finance forum and identify bottlenecks that hinder access to credit and reimbursement
– Collaborate with companies to identify those in need of support in skills upgrading and link them with skills development institutions
– Coordinate the mobilization of companies and SMEs to host internees for knowledge transfer,
– Serve as a member to the District Technical Coordination Committee and advise the institution on matters pertaining to business development & employment.
– Facilitate the collection of information on job creation within the district that needs to be fed in Labour Market Information System (LMIS)
– Coordinate the employment promotion initiatives at District Level
A0 in Economics, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Management, Rural Development with 3 years of working experience; Or Master’s Degree Economics, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Management, Rural Development, Labour Economics with 1 year of working experience.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Leadership skills
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills.
– Technical understanding of doing business variables being analysed and how it affects the various business units.
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines.
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
– Able to work well with both internal and external clients.
– Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users, managers, and members of the IT team.
– starter with leadership skills in order to take charge of or facilitate
Requirement gathering sessions.
– Strong attention to detail organizational skills.
– Quick learner who is easily able to learn new products, systems, applications and technologies