Job at GIZ : 2 Job Positions for Drivers (Deadline: 30 March 2018)
Vacancies for Two
Drivers for Rwanda Enterprise and Employment Initiative Program
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion and Energy.
GIZ International Services (InS) has been commissioned by the MasterCard foundation programme “Rwanda Enterprise and Employment Initiative (REEDI)” to strengthen vocational education and training in the Hospitality and Tourism (H&T) sector. In this context GIZ InS intends to implement a number of activities on capacity development to key institutions (including Tourism Chamber, RDB, Rwanda Polytechnic and WDA), on global and regional recognition of occupations in Hospitality &Tourism (H&T) in Rwanda as well as to update curricula and related certificates to be delivered through Integrated Polytechnic Regional Centre (IPRCs), Polytechnics and TVET schools in alignment with the three pillars of the REEDI initiative: youth skills and capacity development; industry and institutional capacity development, as well as to support the growth and development of industry SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises).
The project promotes the transmission of German TVET knowledge and experience and will cooperate closely with the GIZ EcoEmploi program, which is funded by the German government. Partner organizations and private companies in Rwanda will benefit from practice- and labour market-oriented cooperation approaches enhancing TVET in the H&T sector. Owners and employees of H&T companies will benefit from the project as well as TVET actors, such as managers, instructors and trainees of vocational schools.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for two positions of Driver for the Rwanda Enterprise and Employment Program. The drivers are GIZ staff under the supervision of the Team Leader for MasterCard Foundation /Hanga Ahazaza Initiative Program.
The drivers are responsible for
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
- running official errands and
The driver performs the following tasks:
- provide passenger transport in an official car for project staff, official visitors and guests
- run errands for the project, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- help with transporting goods
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
- clean the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
- are responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculate monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- report need for service and carries out minor repairs
- immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
3. Knowledge management
- use all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- assist other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- secondary school education
- holds a valid driver’s licence
- at least 1-3 years’ professional experience as a driver with references
- no major accidents in the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of English and French
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Familiarity with Kigali
- Appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers)
- Ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until latest 30th March 2018 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to [email protected] . The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!