Job at GIZ : Administrative Professional (Deadline: 15 June 2018)
Vacancy for Administrative Professional for Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Project (DSSD)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project “Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development” (DSSD) will advise Rwandan institutions on the implementation of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan (2016-2020) and its priority projects.
The project aims at promoting the development of digital solutions in collaboration with sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions and civil society. The development of those solutions will be supported and managed by the Center for Digital Transformation (DigiCenter) as a project unit of DSSD.
The DigiCenter will be a hybrid model aimed at developing impact driven digital solutions, playing the role of test bed and launch pad for German and European Companies, developing the local eco-system capacities, and replicating and scaling-up digital solutions at regional and continental level.
In parallel, the institutional and capacity development of MITEC (Ministry of Information Technology and Communication), RISA (Rwanda Information Society Authority) and other partners will be supported through intensive capacity building, organisational development, business process optimization, and expert advice.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Administrative Professional for the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD).
The Administrative Professional is responsible for:
- Providing administrative and financial services to the DSSD Program and the DigiCenter
- Meeting the administrative needs of the office independently, with a minimum of intervention
- Managing the support and administrative staff at the programme office
- Ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with
- Making sure administrative processes in the program meet the requirements according to O&R.
- Ensuring that office procedures comply with GIZ financial and administrative regulations and specific DSSD Program and DigiCenter procedures.
The administrative Professional performs the following tasks:
1. Finance and Administration
- Assisting in preparation of the programme budget planning
- Monitoring expenses in accordance with the budget and by programme output
- Managing and monitoring of the monthly accounting and financial plans
- Responsible for financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers
- Monitoring cash flow of the project
- Managing the processing of letters of credit in coordination with the GIZ Country Office
- Preparing vouchers to the best possible extent for booking in the country office and give swift response to error sheets and checklists prepared by the country office.
- Collecting and preparing vouchers that eligible for reimbursement by the client
- Ensuring that GIZ financial and administrative regulations for local and international contracts are complied with
- Submitting the end-of-period closures of the cash book and bank book to the GIZ country office after reconciling it with the balances of the cash box and the bank book. Describes any difference in details and adds supporting documents where possible.
- Reporting all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay.
- Filing in accordance with GIZ rules.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the GIZ Head Office to prepare financial reports, audits, and supporting documents.
2. Other duties/task
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management, finance or business administration
- At least 4-5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda. French would be an asset
- Willing to communicate with team and partners
- Able to work independently
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 15th June 2018 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!