Job at GIZ : Advisor in ICT Community and Innovation (Deadline: 15 June 2018)
Vacancy for Advisor in ICT Community and Innovation for Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Project (DSSD)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project “Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development”(DSSD) will advise Rwandan institutions on the implementation of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan (2016-2020) and its priority projects.
The project aims at promoting the development of digital solutions in collaboration with sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions and civil society. The development of those solutions will be supported and managed by the Center for Digital Transformation (DigiCenter) as a project unit of DSSD.
The DigiCenter will be a hybrid model aimed at developing impact driven digital solutions, playing the role of test bed and launch pad for German and European Companies, developing the local eco-system capacities, and replicating and scaling-up digital solutions at regional and continental level.
In parallel, the institutional and capacity development of MITEC (Ministry of Information Technology and Communication), RISA (Rwanda Information Society Authority) and other partners will be supported through intensive capacity building, organisational development, business process optimization, and expert advice.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Advisor in ICT Community and Innovation for the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD).
The Advisor is responsible for:
- Marketing of the Digi Center in the community, and abroad
- Recording and triggering innovative ideas, participate in the upscaling of the digital solutions
- Responsible for the Emerging Tech, and research lab component of the DigiCenter, and supervises the Innovation and Event space of the DigiCenter in collaboration with the DigiCenter manager
- Assisting DigiCenter and DSSD in the area of innovation hubs communities, local ecosystem, emerging technologies
- Assisting DSSD programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- Innovation and knowledge management
The Advisor performs the following tasks:
1. Networking and cooperation
- Developing and maintaining a network of local innovation ecosystems, including national and continental innovation hubs and ICT startups
- Creating and advising a network with national and international public and private institutions, and with academia in the digitalization sector
- Facilitating contacts between RISA/MITEC and champions of emerging technologies
- Supporting the creation of the GIZ Rwanda digitalization taskforce and assisting in promoting and communicating the GIZ digital activities and achievements
2. Marketing and communication
- Developing a communication and marketing plan of the DigiCenter and DSSD programme, with a focus on the marketing of ICT activities, software applications, and digitalization services
- Dealing with the design, preparation and implementation of awareness workshops, seminars and other events to market the digital solutions developed at national and continental levels
- Supporting cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the DSSD programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Communicating local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the DSSD programme
3. Knowledge management, monitoring, and evaluation
- Developing ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures, in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation of DSSD goals and indicators
- Drawing up reports and presentation documents
- Assisting with research activities and studies on DSSD related sectors.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Masters or Bachelors ’s degree with relevant experience in ICT or other related to the DSSD programme objectives, with a focus on institutional development and ICT and governance capacity building.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Excellent knowledge of the local innovation ecosystem, experience with local and continental innovation hubs and ICT startups.
- Experience in marketing of ICT activities, software applications, and digitalization services
- Use of innovative technologies to support the achievement of sustainable development goals
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good presentation and networking skills
- Proactive in the development and implementation of ideas and proposals
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda. French would be an asset
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 15th June 2018 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!