Job at GIZ : Advisor in ICT for Institutional & Capacity Development (Deadline: 15 June 2018)
Vacancy for Advisor in ICT for institutional & capacity development for Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Project (DSSD)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project “Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development” (DSSD) will advise Rwandan institutions on the implementation of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan (2016-2020) and its priority projects.
The project aims at promoting the development of digital solutions in collaboration with sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions and civil society. The development of those solutions will be supported and managed by the Center for Digital Transformation (DigiCenter) as a project unit of DSSD.
The DigiCenter will be a hybrid model aimed at developing impact driven digital solutions, playing the role of test bed and launch pad for German and European Companies, developing the local eco-system capacities, and replicating and scaling-up digital solutions at regional and continental level.
In parallel, the institutional and capacity development of MITEC (Ministry of Information Technology and Communication), RISA (Rwanda Information Society Authority) and other partners will be supported through intensive capacity building, organisational development, business process optimization, and expert advice.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Advisor in ICT for Institutional & Capacity Development for the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD).
The Advisor is responsible for:
- Supporting the DSSD component 1, part of the DSSD programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior;
- Assisting the capacity development of MITEC, RISA and other partners through the development and implementation of a comprehensive institutional development and capacity building strategy, based on a prior needs assessment;
- Supervising the development and implementation of the DSSD capacity development strategy;
- Management of the training lab and talent component of the DigiCenter;
- Assisting DSSD programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups;
- Daily implemention of operational aspects of all issues related to the DSSD component 1
- Processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
The Advisor performs the following tasks:
1. Advising the partner institution (s)
- Assisting and monitoring the development and implementation of DSSD programme plans and activities at the national and regional level in close consultation with counterparts, mostly with MITEC, RISA and ICT chamber related to institutional development, business processes, and capacity building;
- designing, as part of the capacity development strategy, a mix of capacity development measures that go beyond individual training and workshops utilising on- and offline formats, blended learning, training on the job and similar
- proposing measures for the institutionalization of RISA and MITEC capacity development
- dealing with the design, preparation, and implementation of capacity development events
- developing and organises quality assurance measures, including on the effectiveness of capacity building measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives
2. Coordination tasks
- Managing the training lab and talent component of the DigiCenter
- Assisting with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- Coordinating relevant project activities in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- Compiling the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications,competences and experience
- Masters or Bachelors’s degree with relevant experience in an ICT or other related to the DSSD programme objectives, with a focus on a institutional development and ICT capacity building
- at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- experience with institutional strengthening of business processes, preferably in the public sector
- experience with training needs analysis, capacity development strategies, training of trainers, etc.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software)
- Very good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda. French would be an asset
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 15th June 2018 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to email@example.com . The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!