Job at GIZ : Component Manager of DigiCenter (Deadline: 15 June 2018)
Vacancy for Component Manager of DigiCenter for Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Project (DSSD)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The project “Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development” (DSSD) will advise Rwandan institutions on the implementation of the Smart Rwanda Master Plan (2016-2020) and its priority projects.
The project aims at promoting the development of digital solutions in collaboration with sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions and civil society. The development of those solutions will be supported and managed by the Center for Digital Transformation (DigiCenter) as a project unit of DSSD.
The DigiCenter will be a hybrid model aimed at developing impact driven digital solutions, playing the role of test bed and launch pad for German and European Companies, developing the local eco-system capacities, and replicating and scaling-up digital solutions at regional and continental level.
In parallel, the institutional and capacity development of MITEC (Ministry of Information Technology and Communication), RISA (Rwanda Information Society Authority) and other partners will be supported through intensive capacity building, organizational development and business process optimization, and expert advice.
GIZ Rwanda is searching candidate for the position of Component Manager of DigiCenter for the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD).
The component manager is responsible for:
- Independently managing the component 2 – the Digitalization Center – in accordance with the DSSD order and project goals
- Supervision of staff at component 2
- Providing technical management of experts in component 2 and the DigiCenter.
- Providing professional advice to national and international partners and cooperating with important stakeholders, particularly MITEC, RISA and ICT chamber
- Supervising the development of digital solutions, and their upscaling at continental level
- Providing innovation and knowledge management and communication of innovations to a broad target group
- Integrating results and experience into teamwork and the work of all relevant groups
The component manager performs the following tasks:
1. Management responsibility
- Managing the DSSD Digi Center, and its several components: innovation, technologies, training, development of smart solutions, and upscaling;
- Proposing the annual operational plan and allocation of resources for the DigiCenter as part of the overall project;
- Being the interface between the ICT community and the Program Manager / Advisor;
- Organizing and coordinating the framework conditions for the teams that develop the digital solutions, that includes selecting the teams (in cooperation with advisor/Program Manager);
- Supporting the application of Design Thinking and similar methodologies that ensure user-centric development of solutions;
- Monitoring, managing staff and consultants and ensuring that they have the conditions to deliver timely, cost-effective and high-quality results and services, e.g. relevant digital solutions;
2. Professional advisory services
- Monitoring the development and implementation of smart digital solutions in close consultation with partners and implementers;
- Advising partner institutions on order clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input ;
- Participating in identifying needs for external support and advice, works on policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach;
- Dealing with the design, preparating and implementating of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the project/programme’s area of activity;
- Developing and organizing quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives;
- Monitoring component 2 progress and the activities of component 2, reviews reports and documents on the progress, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternative management options to the team leader .
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Minimum masters / MSc in ICT or area that is related to the programme objectives, with a focus on a digitalization of services
- Additional training on e-gov, emerging technologies
- Minimum 5-7 years’ professional experience, with at least 3 years’ professional experience in a management position of an ICT programme in Rwanda or in the region
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of both the local innovation ecosystem and the needs of the regional and international private sector
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications, emerging technologies (IoT: Internet Of Things, blockchain etc)
- A proven track record in a managerial position
- Very good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda. French would be an asset
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) until 15th June 2018 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!