JOB AT GIZ Rwanda : Digital Transformation Officer : ( Deadline : 15 May 2019 )
Digital Transformation Officer
GIZ Office Rwanda
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
GIZ Offices are the central element of GIZ’s field structure. They ensure consistent overall representation of the company and its successful positioning as a service provider in the international cooperation market. They are headed by a country director.
In order to provide professional services to its internal clients, GIZ Office Rwanda is searching for a candidate for the position of Digital Transformation Officer. The position will be based in the GIZ Office at Kigali.
Term: Fixed for two years (Extendable)
Duty Station: Kigali
The Digital Change Officer is fulfilling the following task in general.
Assist and advise the country office and project offices in Rwanda on the launch of new IT applications.
Contact for strategic planning and conceptual design of new IT applications (multiplier, tester, contact person).
Assistance to the country director and the project responsible officer in the strategic portfolio development in the field of digitization and digital components.
Change management: Establishment of a support structure for all GIZ employees in Rwanda in the process of introducing and using new technologies (digital transformation)
Design of qualification measures with the aim of improving digital literacy.
Conducting information sessions on digitization issues and the introduction of new IT applications.
Consulting and support of IT projects and digital transformation processes in the company and in the portfolio.
Close cooperation with local IT managers.
Contact for data privacy and security.
Contact for the IT partners of the Africa area at GIZ Head Office.
B. Required competences, qualifications, and experience
• Passion for digital transformation and change management, combined with practical project experience
• Understanding and experience in designing IT projects and digital transformation in Companies
• Ability to bridge/translate between IT and other functions
• Knowledge to promote “Digital Literacy” and consultancy on Information and Communication Technologies Interest in cooperation/interface management and process design/design
• Knowledge and preferably first practical experience in development cooperation / international cooperation
• Talent to think conceptually and analytically
• Structured working style with a high degree of self-organization, flexibility and creativity Ability to adapt to changing conditions and thus to be solution-oriented
• Enjoy the combination of technological understanding, strategic analysis, and practical implementation
• A Master’s degree in Information Technology, Digital Transformation or similar orientation
§ At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
§ Experience preferably in the African region
§ Teamwork and networking skills
§ Strong communication, presentation, and moderation skills
§ Fluent in English
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until 15th May 2019 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to
The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
People with disability are especially encouraged to submit applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali, Rwanda
GIZ Office Rwanda reserves all rights!!!