Job at Good Neighbors International (GNI) : Administration and Finance Manager (Deadline: 13 July 2018)
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development Non- Governmental Organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). GNI strives to improve lives, especially children’s lives, through community development projects. In order to complete its staff, Good Neighbors International would like to recruit different staff with the following positions:
Position: Administration and Finance Manager
Based in Kigali
Key responsibilities included;
- Establish/refine and implement administrative and logistics procedures in line with organizational requirements
- Establish/refine and manage all procure and logistics activities
- Supervise the administrative needs of the staff including flight bookings, obtaining legal documentation, visa renewal, medical evaluation, medical coverage, etc.
- Manage GNI’s registration in Rwanda
- Ensure that contractual commitments are expressed in forms appropriate for the circumstances
- Ensure that all necessary legal requirements are met, e.g. obtain vehicle registration, work permits, import licenses, and such, by liaising with government agencies
- According to budget availability and following GNI’s objectives, participate in relevant sections of projects linked with administrative issues
- Oversee and maintain the whole accounting and reporting activities.
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating receivable collections and evaluation of accounting data.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain financial and accounting information security by maintaining internal control procedures within the Finance department.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulatory requirements
- Ensure clean and timely yearend financial statements and statutory audits respectively.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and the company as a whole.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by Country Director.
Qualifications and Skills;
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or any other business related studies from a recognized University (Possession of a Master’s Degree in Finance and Business related studies will be an added advantage)
- A relevant professional qualification i.e. CPA or ACCA is an added advantage
- Computer literacy with excellent MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint skills. Proficiency in QuickBooks required.
- Minimum of 5 years in Finance, Accounting and other related field is a requirement
- Proven work experience in areas of accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in audit, accounting, and finance related filed will be and added advantage
- Prior experience in interacting effectively with auditors
- Strong accounting and Financial knowledge as well as analytical skills
- Familiar with the Laws and Regulations that govern companies in Rwanda
- Strong IFRS and GAAP knowledge is an added advantage
- Proficiency in planning, time management and ability to work under minimum of supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and people management skills is required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines is required
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing quality result oriented delivery as well as management of people in a multicultural environment
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda speaking is required. Other languages would be an added advantage
candidates must submit directly their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, work certificate and Diploma at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor) between 9th and13th of July 2018 before 5 pm
* The C.V. must be written within 2 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission and Candidates must not be in employment elsewhere when accepting the job offer.
Done at Kigali on 27 of June 2018
Good Neighbors Rwanda