Job at Good Neighbors International-Rwanda (GNR) : Data Management and Reporting specialist (Deadline: 26 October 2018)
Good Neighbors International-Rwanda (GNR) is recruiting for a Data Management and Reporting Specialist to join its SZHC project at GNR Area Office based in Huye on a contract basis through to the end of January 2019.
Saemaul Zero Hunger Community (SZHC) Project currently is being implemented in Kamegeri sector, Nyamagabe District, located in Rwanda’s Southern Province. This project, a joint collaboration of the Republic of Korea’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) with the World Food Programme (WFP) and GNR, aims to improve the food security and standards of living of the target community by combining elements of Korea’s New Village Movement (SaemaulUndong) with WFP Food Assistance for Assets schemes.
The Data Management and Reporting Specialist is responsible for delivering GNR-SZHC project’s reports like a final activity report based on the outcomes of the project for 3 years and an annual report. To deliver qualified reports, s/he will need to collect data and analyze them so that lessons learned and successes of the project are disseminated and shared through the reports.
S/he will work and collaborate with technical staffs from different sectors of the project to generate reports of findings and create graphics to contribute to reporting requirements. S/he will also need to collaborate with stakeholders to understand their reporting needs and translate into requirements.
Principal Data Management and Reporting Specialist duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare internal/external reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with technical staffs and stakeholder to understand reporting needs.
- Collect data from different project activity sectors.
- Ensure data quality and integrity by periodically conducting field visits and spot checks to verify data and investigate any data anomalies.
- Analysis of the findings and outcomes.
- Create graphics and tables to contribute to reporting requirements.
- Compile and analyze relevant data on project indicators for contractual reports.
- Share databases, spreadsheets, and formatted reporting information.
- Document the functional requirements and deliver final reports
- Regularly communicate progress against targets to project staff.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- The candidate must at least holder of bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics and International Development, Masters Degree in a relevant area highly preferred.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience analyzing and reporting in a relevant field required. Working for agricultural project or program will be added value.
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, power point and Access required; experience using statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, or SAS and other M & E tools preferred.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, to convey results to non-technical stakeholders, and to generate interest in the use of monitoring and evaluation as a means to improve program outcomes required.
· Excellent English language writing and communication skills required.
Candidates must submit directly their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, work certificate and Diploma at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor) 26th of October 2018 before 5 pm
* The C.V. must be written within 2 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission and Candidates must not be in employment elsewhere when accepting the job offer.
Done at Kigali on 03 of October 2018
Good Neighbors International-Rwanda