JOB AT HIGHER EDUCATION COUNCIL : Higher Education Policy & Planning Specialist : ( Deadline : 25 April 2019 )
1. Advise on all matters relating to the strategic and operational planning of higher education in Rwanda
– Coordinate, monitor and review the strategic and operational plans for the Rwandan Higher Education Sector;
– Coordinate and elaborate strategic and operational plans for HEC;
– Ensure that higher education institutions are developing and regularly reviewing strategic plans in line with Government policies and priorities;
– Ensure that higher education institutions are developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing operational plans.
2. Establish mechanisms for regular collection of Higher Education data.
– Establish key performance indicators on Higher Education sector;
– Coordinate and ensure regular collection of Higher Education statistical data;
– Coordinate the graduate tracer study and employers’ satisfaction survey;
– Coordinate the drafting of the annually analytic report on higher education in Rwanda.
– Establish the framework for data collection and analysis
– Coordinate and direct the elaboration of data collection and analysis plan;
– Direct the development of tools for data collection and analysis;
3.Monitoring and soliciting Scholarship & Fund Management
– Advise the Executive Director on all matters related to scholarships and loans management
– Solicit fund and scholarships from internal and external stakeholders
– Establish mechanisms for student loans and scholarships
– Coordinate the activities related to bursary and student loans Coordinate the activities related to foreign scholarships
4.Coordinate, monitor & evaluate institutional action plan
– Coordinate the assessments of implementation of Higher Education action plan, policies, programs, project and strategies;
– Oversee and submit all required reports (monthly, quarterly and annual reports);
– Advise on building capacities of HEC staff and partners in capacity building planning.
5.Coordinate institutional Monitoring & Evaluation
– Develop M&E tools (M&E plan, Log frame, etc…)
– Establish mechanisms for collection of data
– Analyze and interpret collected data
– Produce all required reports
– Conduct assessments of implementation of action plan, policies, programs, project and strategies.
– Supervise the carrying out of periodic graduate tracer surveys and employers’ satisfaction surveys.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Project Management, Management, Development Studies, Business Administration with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Economics, Project Management, Management, Development Studies, Business Administration.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of results based management, logical framework approach,
strategic planning processes and tools;
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s Education Sector Policies and Strategies;
– Knowledge of drafting Action Plans and Operational Plans;
– Knowledge to conduct policy and analysis and draft proposals;
– Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation concepts, systems and tools;
– Computer Skills;
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– High analytical & Complex Problem Solving Skills;
– Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
– Time management Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage;