Job at HIGHER EDUCATION COUNCIL : Secretary of DAF Unit ( Deadline : 11 October 2018 )
1.Receive, record and distribute all incoming and outgoing mails
– Receive and check incoming and outgoing mails ;
– Record incoming and outgoing mails;
– Scan and rightly submit incoming mails ;
– Ensure timely distribution of all Incoming/outgoing Directorates mails
– Facilitate HEC staff to access documents;
– Regularly check and dispatch mails received on HEC emails;
– Ensure the security of HEC correspondences and stamp;
– Write and submit on regular basis (monthly and quarterly) reports of the central secretariat.
2. Establish and maintain the general filing system and file all correspondences:
– Maintain a current and accurate filing system;
– Ensure timely filling of documents;
– Determine Central Secretariat documents to be sent to HEC Documentation and Archives Office;
– Take minutes of meetings chaired by Directorates and file.
3. Receive and provide clear guidance and orientation to HEC clients/visitors:
– Receive and answer telephone calls and orient them accordingly;
– Receive HEC clients/visitors and provide orientation.
A1 in Secretariat Studies, Office Management or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Administrative Sciences, Management, Sociology, Social Work, Law.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Office Administration;
– Communication Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Organizational Skills;
– Stress Management Skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– Bookkeeping Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.