Job at ICAP : Procurement and Logistics Officer – Rwanda PHIA, ICAP Rwanda (Deadline: 30 January 2018 )
MSPH RWANDA LLC
JOB TITLE: Procurement and Logistics Officer – Rwanda PHIA, ICAP Rwanda
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world.
In partnership with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIA) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA will define the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide allocation of resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIAs.
ICAP, in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is planning to conduct a PHIA to estimate the population-level impact of the national HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in RwandaIn addition to providing important programmatic information to the MoH and relevant stakeholders, this assessment of the national HIV program is of great value to HIV researchers and public health experts around the world.
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
Reporting to the PHIA Project Director, the Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the tactical coordinating of procurement and logistics of survey and laboratory goods for the Rwanda PHIA. (S)He will ensure team adherence to purchasing policies, procedures and practices, and will provide procurement and logistical support to the Rwanda PHIA project. This position is grant funded.
- Coordinate and plan laboratory and/or survey procurements including but not limited to developing and placing purchasing orders, monitoring delivery schedules, facilitating customs clearance (including duty-free clearance where possible), ensuring safe storage upon arrival and coordinating delivery to endpoints in-country.
- Establish, negotiate and manage key supplier agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Develop and maintain effective procurement systems, by identifying, and developing or improving processes and practices to ensure ICAP obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Coordinate the tender and quotation process of ICAP while actively monitoring procedures across the organization, identifying any deficiencies and recommending steps for improvement.
- Communicate and report on procurement progress against workplans through developing, compiling, reconciling and/or updating information in vendor and stock database/inventory log to provide effective processing, informing management and reporting.
- Liaise with ICAP’s suppliers to ensure that the most up-to-date data is available for the supply of goods and services.
- Provide staff training and control to sub-recipient partners relating to ICAP purchasing processes, procedures, guidelines and general good procurement practices.
- Provide logistical support and assistance to sub-recipients partners
- Other duties as appropriate
- Diploma in Procurement / Supply Chain Management / Logistics or business related field from a reputable academic institution.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to manage timely procurement and delivery of items with tight deadlines.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Experience with USG as well as local procurement policies, procedures and practices.
- Prior experience with donor funded projects dealing with HIV/AIDS care and treatment is desirable.
- Prior experience with lab or survey related procurement also desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills in English as well as relevant local languages.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, etc.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to function independently; results-oriented; detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, good attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solves and work as part of a team.
- May require periodic trips to partner sites, conferences and/or off site meetings within Rwanda (requiring overnight stay of up to two days).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should send their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please indicate position being applied for in the subject line and do not attach certificates. The closing date for receiving applications is January 30th, 2018 at 5:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: These are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Rwanda and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment, which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.