Job at Institute of National Museums of Rwanda: Electro-Technician (under contract) (Deadline: 04 October 2017)
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
- Advice and train workers to operate those systems.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients
- Refer to service guides, schematics, and manufacturer specifications
- Repair or replace defective parts, such as motors, fuses, or gaskets
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs
- Maintain records of parts used, labor time, and final charges
- Develop and perform operational, maintenance, and testing procedures for electronic products, components, equipment, and systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with manufacture, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, and modification of electronic equipment, products, and systems.
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, and systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, and applicable codes and regulations.
- Evaluate operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommend repair or design modifications based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities.
A1 in electronics, Electricity or A2 in Electronics, Electricity with 3 years of experiences
Key technical Skills & Knowledge:
Knowledge in technical Maintenance; Having hand on Skills in maintenance, Organization Skills, Time management , Communication Skills, High analytical skills, Team working skills. Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French