Job at INTEGRATED POLYTECHNIC REGIONAL COLLEGE KITABI : LEGAL OFFICER ( Deadline: 24 August 2018 )
? Collect and keep in records all laws, decisions related to jurisprudence in the area of complaints of interest to the institution.
? Analyze files to ensure legal compliance.
? Provide practical legal opinions to ensure that the appropriate legal approach is taken on arising matters in accordance with existing laws.
? Provide legal advice on tender documents.
? Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
? Review and advise the management on legal compliance of internal policies and procedures.
? Ensure proper recording of all legal documents and precedents where the institution was involved.
? Provide legal advice on contract disputes settlement.
? Draft legislative instruments (rules and regulations, MoU).
? Ensure proper legal compliance on documents produced within the institution with legal implications.
? Represent the institution before the court in case he/she is entitled to do so.
? Represent the institution in forums when legal affairs are discussed.
• Carry out legal research and highlight potential problems that may engage the liability of the institution.
? Perform any other tasks assigned by her/his supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Key Technical skills and Knowledge required :
– Deep knowledge of Rwandan public service and labor law;
– High analytical and problem solving skills;
– Legal research and analysis in complex areas of law;
– Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedures;
– Decision making skills;
– Experience in contract drafting and negotiation;
– Excellent communication skills ;
– Very effective organization skills;
– Team working skills;
– Computer skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English or French.