Job at INTEGRATED POLYTECHNIC REGIONAL COLLEGE KITABI : LIBRARIAN ( Deadline: 29 August 2018 )
? Organize, plan and implement in coordinating the preparation of library plans and services
? Prepare and submit requests pertaining to books tenders
? Elaborate and Implement library policies and procedures.
? Develop special library collections system
? Maintain and constantly update the research and academic documentation
? Enhance partnership with other libraries and Organizations related to academic resources
? Acquisition, Codify, classify, and catalogue books; publications, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems
? Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded
? Perform public relations work for the library, such as community talks.
? Maintain library safety and security
? Perform lending and borrowing services
? Provide necessary and needed information to Institutional authorities, library users and visitors
? Provide professional and technical advice to her/his supervisors.
? Perform all other tasks assigned by her/his supervisors
Diploma in Library Science with 5 years of experience / Bachelor’s Degree in Library science and information technology with 3 years’ experience
. Key technical skills and knowledge:
– Cataloging reference books such as DDC and others
– Library software such as ALEXANDRIA UNICORN, XREF,VTLS and some open source software such as WSIS,CDS and KOHA
– Good knowledge on open sources materials and how to subscribe on them.
– Supervisory and follow up knowledge and skills
– Good analytical and problem solving skills.
– Good interpersonal skills to interact with students and teaching staff.
– Good organization skills.
– Strong communication skills.
– Good Reporting skills
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English or French