Job at IntraHealth : Family Planning Quality of Care Specialist (Deadline: 18 January 2019)
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity will build upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi will improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity will partner with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Family Planning Quality of Care Specialist to be seconded to the MOH, Maternal, Child and Community Health (MCCH) Division in Kigali. The FP Quality of Care Specialist will provide technical support to MCCH Division in the implementation of the national FP policy, adherence to the national FP protocols, and integration of family planning into maternal, child and community health programs. The position will provide technical assistance to support informed choice for a full range of family planning methods and services, including FP counselling, post-partum family planning (PPFP), and community-based provision of family planning (CBP FP) to improve the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. Though seconded to MCCH Division, the FP Quality of Care Specialist will participate in key design, planning, monitoring and evaluation activities for Ingobyi Activity, thus contributing to the achievement of project deliverables.
The FP Quality of Care Specialist will be responsible for the following functions:
• Contribute to the implementation of the FP policy and strategic plan 2018-2024;
• Contribute to the implementation of the National Protocol on FP and ASRH;
• Ensure and strengthen coordination between MCCH and IntraHealth on issues pertaining to family planning services;
• Routinely document and report on progress of activities and partner contributions, specifically IntraHealth;
• Organize and coordinate a collective review of the evidence to ensure that all stakeholders are aware and appraised of the most recent researches, findings and work in FP/SRH globally;
• Identify existing policies/guidelines, strategies, materials and tools within Rwanda, the region and globally that can inform the process of improving FP services within Rwanda’s health sector;
• Review these materials for possible adoption/adaptation to the Rwanda context;
• Keep an inventory of FP service delivery tools and materials (training curricula, job aides and patient education) and assess FP service provision opportunities and needs;
• Conduct joint analyses of service delivery organization in Rwandan health facilities to identify logical points and levels of FP service provision and to improve or reorganize service delivery;
• Initiate interventions that can contribute to the improvement of the FP provision services and follow up on the implementation of those activities;
• Innovate new strategies to improve the uptake and use of FP methods and other RH services;
• Participate in key Ingobyi Activity planning and review meetings, as well as monitoring and evaluation activities; and
• Perform other relevant duties as directed by the supervisor.
• A Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, in medicine, nursing and/or public health or other clinical disciplines.
• Additional academic or in-service training related to FP/SRH or community health and project planning and management.
• Experience in training/capacity building on FP and/or SRH for health facility staff and community health workers (CHWs).
• At least eight (8) years of professional experience working in FP/SRH programs.
• Hands-on knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring of facility and community-based programs for FP/SRH.
• Sound understanding of current policy developments and evidence base related to FP/SRH.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
• Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
• Solid skills in documentation and report writing.
• Ability to travel nationally frequently.
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:
or at: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Bachelors or better in Public Health or related field.
Masters or better in Public Health or related field.
Additional academic or in-service training related to FP/SRH or community health and project planning and management.
Experience in training/capacity building on FP and/or SRH for health facility staff and community health workers (CHWs).
8 years: Professional experience working in FP/SRH programs