Job at Inyenyeri: Electrical Engineer ; 2 Positions available (Deadline: 30 November 2017)
Title: Electrical Engineer
Place of Work:
Staff directly reporting to this post:
Tentative start date: ASAP
Contract length: Open ended contract with 6 months probation period
Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a for-profit corporation with a social business charter focused on providing a healthy renewable energy solution in Rwanda that can be replicated across sub-Saharan Africa. Inyenyeri uses a fuel-side, or utility company, approach to ensure that even the poorest Rwandan households have access to clean cooking fuel and high quality gasifying cook stoves. Inyenyeri’s revenue stream is derived from the sale of biomass cooking fuel pellets. Our solution is a cleaner, healthier, faster, cheaper and more sustainable alternative to charcoal and wood cooking.
About the Role
Inyenyeri seeks highly motivated and experienced professionals 2 Mechanical engineers to ensure a 3 – rolling shift on the pellet plant for 24/7 productions.
Inyenyeri plans to scale rapidly and intends to reach a national, and eventually international, customer base.
To make electrical update and repair on production equipment when needed.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Inyenyeri values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals, takes responsibility for own personal development
- Engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- Acts in the best interests of Inyenyeri
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A1 in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of at least 2 years in a factory or related field
- To be able to work with minimal supervision
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus an updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to [email protected] Specifying the position title heading in the subject line. “MECHANICAL ENGINEER”
The deadline for receiving applications is 30th November 2017
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.