Job at IOM : Driver (2 Positions) (Deadline: 25 February 2018)
Open to External and Internal Candidates
Position Title : Driver (2 positions)
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Department
Duty Station : IOM Kigali, Rwanda
Classification staff): General Service Staff, Grade G2 (UN salary Scale for GS
Type of Appointment : Special fixed term, nine (9) months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 25, 2018
Reference Code : VN2018/03 – RW
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and under the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for office car driving, maintenance and other logistical activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drive IOM vehicles and execute tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Follow the rules and regulations of driving IOM vehicles at all times.
- Ensure the safety and security of vehicle, staff and cargo, ensuring that road discipline and traffic rules are observed.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness before departure. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc. Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Fill in the inspection sheet of vehicle status and share with the supervisor. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that requires immediate attention.
- Ensure that in case of accident, supervisors and UNDSS are informed and a police report is obtained. In no case should the driver accept responsibility.
- Maintain the vehicle road log sheet including the fuel status and oil changing at all times.
- Collect mail and deliver various documents as planned by the supervisor
- Maintaining a checklist of spares, jack, toolbox to ensure care and accountability.
- Ensuring that the keys are returned to the safe at the end of the day.
- Keeping track of service, insurance and registration dates and alerting the supervisor well in advance.
- Making weekly reports on vehicle status to be shared with the supervisor.
- Take the vehicle to pre-identified maintenance workshops and follow up on maintenance performed and make sure vehicle is repaired to standard and without any delay.
- Keep proper records on consumables used and maintenance performed for each vehicle.
- Makes sure all vehicles are having the appropriate equipment and tools by Rwandan Law, and by MOSS.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Completion of High School education/diploma with two years continuous driving experience, preferably with an international organisation
- Valid Driving License (B, D class)
- Possession of a recent certificate of good conduct from Police
- Basic knowledge of computers especially on Microsoft office such as word, excel and outlook is required
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Flexible in terms of working hours
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Good knowledge of routes within Rwanda
- Good knowledge and working experience with VHF and HF Radios. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Appointment will be subject to certification by the Organization’s (IOM’s) Medical Officer, based on medical examination(s), that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the Government of Rwanda, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regards to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application). Any non-Rwandese citizen must attach a copy of their residence/work permit in Rwanda.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by February 25, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the Position title and reference code.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé (CV) highlighting the required education and experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.02.2018 to 25.02.2018