Job at IOM : Project Liaison Assistant-counter Trafficking secretariat (Deadline: 31 July 2017)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Project Liaison Assistant-Counter Trafficking Secretariat
Organizational Unit : Project Department
Duty Station : Kigali (Ministry of Justice)
: General Service Staff, Grade G4 (UN salary Scale for GS
Type of Appointment : Special fixed term, nine (9) months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 31, 2017
Reference Code : VN2017/02 – RW
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the joint Counter Trafficking program a Counter Trafficking Secretariat will be established and housed within Ministry of Justice. The Counter Trafficking Secretariat will coordinate all counter trafficking work in Rwanda and closely liaise with government and public institutions’ focal points assigned to counter trafficking and key NGOs in the field. The Counter Trafficking Secretariat will create and maintaining a database with most relevant and up to date information about counter trafficking trends and initiatives in Rwanda. Counter Trafficking Secretariat will provide up to date information on provision of referral services to participating national and international agencies.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Counter Trafficking Project Officer, and in close coordination with the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice, the incumbent will be responsible to coordinate the Counter Trafficking Secretariat activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Compile a list of all counter trafficking focal points in cooperation with different national and international actors, state institutions and nongovernmental organizations;
- Reporting and tracking TIP phenomenon and relevant events and activities;
- Soft secretarial support to regular TIP coordination meetings, including drafting meeting agendas, sending out invitations, facilitation of meetings as necessary, drafting summaries of coordination meetings, circulation of relevant materials and publications among partner agencies;
- Prepare regular information bulletins on counter trafficking activities in Rwanda; bulletins will include activities maps, statistical data, success stories, etc.
- Support to partner agencies to implement thematic workshops, seminars, and conferences, including follow up on participants’ and experts’ itineraries; setting up of conference venues, administrative support and coordination with government authorities, etc.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or higher in Administration Management, Social Sciences, International Law, Criminal Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience in preferably from an international organization; or
- Completed High School certificate/diploma from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience
- Previous working experience with NGOs, international organizations, government institutions working on trafficking projects would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of international and host government efforts in Counter Trafficking or GBV.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Mature individual, able to work independently, effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
- Tolerant individual with ability to work with people from different background and with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, word as well as good knowledge working with databases and online applications.
Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Accountability — takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation — works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning — promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication — listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative — actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation — develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management — identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Appointment will be subject to certification by the Organization’s (IOM’s) Medical Officer, based on medical examination(s), that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the Government of Rwanda, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regards to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] not later than July 31, 2017.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the Position title and reference code. In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé (CV) highlighting the required education and experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 17th July 2017 to 31st July 2017