Job at IOM : Senior Project Assistant-Counter Trafficking (Deadline: 25 February 2018 )
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Project Assistant-Counter Trafficking
Organizational Unit : Project Department IOM Kigali, Rwanda
Duty Station : IOM Kigali, Rwanda
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G6 (UN salary Scale for G6 staff)
Type of Appointment : Special fixed term, nine (9) months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 25, 2018
Reference Code : VN2018/03 – RW
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the Project Assistant will be responsible for all administrative and logistical requirements and provide project implementation and monitoring and evaluation support, as needed.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Officer with day to day management of the project activities
- Map relevant agencies for training, assessing current levels of knowledge and information needs, assist in developing training materials, and assisting workshop trainers/facilitators in conducting training sessions.
- Organize meetings, workshops and trainings with project stakeholders and partners
- In close collaboration with the Project Officer, draft and circulate workshop reports, and maintain regularly updated contact information sheets for workshop participants.
- Coordinate logistical and technical preparation of key documents, including preparation and dispatch of letters of invitation, receipt of confirmations, sourcing of venues and food and beverage services, and preparation of meeting notes and documentation.
- Assist the Project Officer to maintain effective and productive working relationships with government, civil society partners and UN counterparts.
- In close collaboration with the Project Officer, draft reports, collect, compile, analyse and present data and information regarding cases of trafficking in persons and assistance provided by IOM and its partners.
- Circulate all information or data of training and ensure reporting on the monitoring and evaluation framework; identify issues and deviations and initiate remedial actions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools, including assessments, surveys and interviews, in order to document and determine the progress and impact of the project
- Draft monthly progress reports, project reports and power point presentations
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Social sciences, Economics, Community development or another related field with 4 years relevant professional experience preferably from an international organisation or
- Completed High School certificate/diploma from an accredited academic institution, with 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with project implementation, administration and government relations.
- Experience in working with CSOs and proven ability to negotiate in favor of the Organization
- Excellent operational, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with other colleagues from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Previous working experience with NGOs, international organizations, government institutions working on trafficking projects would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of international and host government efforts in Counter Trafficking or GBV.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Mature individual, able to work independently, effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
- Tolerant individual with ability to work with people from different background and with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, word as well as good knowledge working with databases and online applications.
Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required. Knowledge of French and Swahili is an added advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Appointment will be subject to certification by the Organization’s (IOM’s) Medical Officer, based on medical examination(s), that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the Government of Rwanda, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regards to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the Position title and reference code.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé (CV) highlighting the required education and experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.02.2018 to 25.02.2018