Job at IPA: 24 Posts available (Deadline:07 April 2017)
- Location: Karongi and Nyanza Districts
- Desired start date : May 2, 2017
- Length of Commitment: 35 working days
- Reports to : Field Manager
- No of positions: 4
- Posting Period: March 30, 2017 – April 5, 2017
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, financial inclusion, governance and agriculture.
Impacts and sustainability of hillside irrigation in Rwanda
Innovations for Poverty Action, in close collaboration Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) unit at the World Bank group, will be conducting an Impact Evaluation of 3 irrigation schemes built in Rwanda by the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources as part of Land and Husbandry, Water Harvesting and Hillside Irrigation (LWH) project. The Field Supervisors will play a critical role in conducting this Impact Evaluation in the data collection. The project is being implemented within two districts (Karongi and Nyanza) in the country and will be collecting data from farmers about their households and their plots’ inputs and yields.
Field Supervisor Position Summaries:
The Field Supervisor position provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands‐on experience in a field setting with a vibrant organization undertaking cutting‐edge development research. The Field Supervisor will work closely with the research staff and field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise all enumeration activities during the data collection process with survey households
- Monitor, check, and assess the quality of the work of the enumerators, and review the questionnaires for completeness, consistency, and accuracy
- Monitor the condition of survey equipment assigned to the enumerators
- Double check the completeness of the list of households required by your team
- Report all errors, discrepancies and changes of the questionnaire if any, and oversee the upload of the new version of the questionnaire for all team members
- Ensure that there are no problems transportation for enumerators, and report any irregularities.
- Carry out field preparations including contacting cell and village leaders to locate the respondents, make appointments with respondents
- Ensure that all technical and logistic issues are reported to the Field Manager
Qualifications and Competencies:
A successful Field Supervisor is detail-oriented and has excellent organizational skills and who will be committed to our high standards of data quality. The position requires strong leadership and communication skills. In addition, the following qualifications and experience are desired.
- At least 2 years of experience working on qualitative and quantitative data collection, with management experience is necessary.
- In addition to English, written and spoken fluency in Kinyarwanda is essential.
- Prior experience managing teams and strong leadership skills are necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (mainly Excel) is necessary.
- Prior experience with Computer Assisted Interviewing (specifically Open Data Kit/ SurveyCTO) is required.
- Prior experience in creating and implementing Field Plans for team logistics is required
- Must have completed a Bachelor Degree in any relevant field
- Strong organizational, communication, and management skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work effectively on a team.
Having worked with IPA and on the same project in the past is an added advantage and we’ll pay close attention to those with strongly related experience.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Field Supervisor. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. IPA reserves itself the right not to follow up on this advertisement.
How yo apply?
To apply for this position, please complete the form found on this link. Application deadline is April 5, 2017, 5pm Rwandan time.