Job at ITM Africa Ltd : Electrical Engineer (Deadline: 04 April 2018 )
POSITION: Electrical Engineer
ITM Africa Ltd on behalf of G.E.M Consulting Ltd is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Designs electrical systems by developing and testing components.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Feasibility/Technical survey of existing and new sites.
- Preparation of Performance Technical Specifications and Bills of Quantities with working drawings
- Evaluation of tenders
- Supervision of sites, site inspections, technical projects meetings and valuations of construction works.
- Testing/Commissioning of installations and handover of completed work
- Defects monitoring
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in related field
- At least 2years of experience in a related field
- Fluency in AUTOCAD and excellent computer literacy in Microsoft applications
- Proficient in Electronic Systems, troubleshooting, and test design
- Good understanding of Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work in a fast paste environment.
- Eager to learn.
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English including 3 professional referees’ names and number to ([email protected]) mentioning in the subject line “Electrical Engineer job application”
The deadline for receiving applications is April 4th, 2018