Job at Jibu Rwanda : Managing Director, Jibu Rwanda (Deadline: 1 October 2018)
Title: Managing Director, Jibu Rwanda
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: Regional Director of Operations
Start date: Position Available October 2018
Jibu is looking for a strategic business thinker who is a creative problem-solver and who wishes to commit a minimum of three years to help lead a rapidly growing company to make a profit while also making a big social impact. The successful candidate will be an experienced hands-on manager with proven knowledge of the systems, processes and management tools required to lead an effective team and run a successful business.
This position requires:
- A leader who can respond with agility to dynamic internal and external challenges that include meeting the needs of franchisees, community leaders and government officials
- A problem solver eager to work creatively and persistently to get the job done
- An influencer with the ability to build, develop, train, and manage a group of diverse individuals
- An individual who has the ability to work strategically, flexibly and persistently to solve gnarly challenges
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on growing a business, managing costs and implementing measures to ensure continuous improvement
- An adept communicator able to liase between East African and western team members and stakeholders
- Proven interpersonal, relationship and people management skills
The Managing Director (MD) will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of business expansion – inside Rwanda and in neighboring countries – with a focus on operationalizing Jibu’s strategic direction. The MD will build on current management practices, strengthening business development and local and international partnerships. Responsibilities will vary and require hands-on persistence, long hours, and the agility to respond to and address challenges and needs that arise every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in setting strategic direction for Rwanda and beyond
- Represent Jibu’s interests in overseeing and managing Franchisees and all business activities
- Develop and implement business processes and tactical plans
- Take responsibility for planning and logistics in-country and in assigned new markets
- Effectively develop and lead the Rwanda Jibuco team
- Provide key operational support of Jibu’s international expansion via direct and indirect franchising
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an emerging market context, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa
- At least 3 years’ business experience, minimum of two at a senior management level
- Strong for-profit business and financial skills
- Cultural knowledge and experience working or living in a developed market context, preferably in Europe or the United States
- A team player with a sense of adventure wanting to make a difference
- Personality profile: practical, organized, responsive, persistent, likeable, resourceful, disciplined, highly level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, professional, goal-oriented achiever who likes challenges
- Fluent English language skills, as well as fluency in French, Kinyarwanda, Swahili or a Bantu language
- Franchise experience a plus
Strong preference for Rwandan/East African national applicants. Female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will earn a competitive base salary. Strong performance and/or equity incentives may be additionally offered on the achievement of organizational goals
Send resumes and statements of interest and experience to [email protected]. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every application we receive. If you have not received an invitation for an interview from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.