Job at Karongi District : Accountant A0 (contractual) (Deadline: 19 July 2018)
Atributions 1. Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedure standards;
2. Ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations;
3. Review entries and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports;
4. Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions with in designated limits;
5. Coordinate monthly closing procedures and reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
6. Adhere to internal and external reporting deadlines;
7. Be responsible for tax obligations;
8. Work with both internal and external auditors during financial operational audits;
9. Review of accounts payables and weekly check runs;
10. Monitor compliance with financial rules and regulations in forth and institutional procedures;
11. Contribute to the hospital environmental hygiene;
12. Submit monthly, quarterly and annually report to the supervisor;
13. Perform any other duties as assigned by immediate line Manager.
Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA) or A0 in Finance, Accounting or Management with specialization in Finance/Accounting.
Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– Knowledge of cost analysis techniques;
– Knowledge to analyses complex financial information & produce report;
– Deep understanding of financial accounts;
– Planning and organizational skills; Communication skills;
– Strong IT skills; particularly in financial software (SMART, IFMIS);
– Judgment Decision making Skills; High analytical skills; Interpersonal skills; Time management skills;
– Complex problem solving; Flexibility skills; Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French; Knowledge of all is an advantage.