Job at KARONGI DISTRICT : Forest Extension (under contract/multiple) ( Deadline: 20 June 2018 )
– Elaborate the Sector’s strategy on forests and natural resources, monitor its implementation across Cells and produce consolidated reports thereof;
– Organize, in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders, trainings and public awareness campaigns meant to disseminate new forestry technologies among beneficiaries;
– Supervise the identification and mapping of forest diseases, reforestation and forests protection needs, vulgarization and valorization of trees and forests at the Cell level and advise on the preventive and reactive measures across the Sector;
– Inspect whether mining and forests harvesting practices comply with the applicable regulations and standards;
– Maintain an updated database of forests and natural resources operators within the Sector, analyze the impact of their work on sustainable local development and advise the Sector accordingly.
Profile: A2 in Forestry or Agro forestry.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive Knowledge in Forestry and Natural Resources
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– High analytical Skills;
– Complex Problem Solving;
– Time management Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage