Job at KCB : Head of Risk and Compliance (Deadline: 05 May 2017)
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance, this role ensures the Bank’s policies and rules are in line with regulatory and ethical standards, regardless of whether government or the bank’s executive management establishes standards. Conducts compliance assessment across all bank’s department/units and makes recommendations that will keep the bank from undergoing legal struggles or facing other difficulties due to non-compliance issues.
- Developing and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring program, (identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting all material compliance risks)
- Develop compliance annually plan and periodically conducts compliance assessment and reviews according to the plan to ensure execution of compliance standards,
- Review the reports of colleagues to be shared with regulator when necessary to identify compliance issues/Gap and provide advice or training
- Inform stakeholders about regulatory changes and ensure update is done on internal processes and procedures as required.
- Monitor, assure and alert the adequacy of implementation and effectiveness of compliance risk policies and carry out status and performance review and report the gap to management and board risk committee.
- Provide internal and external liaison services in compliance matters and keep updated on emerging compliance issues and trends and provide expert advice and guidance on national, regional and corporate compliance policy initiatives and maintain tracking on actions of reported issues.
- Analyze incident reports to identify and report on key themes requiring internal compliance policy action, and report recommendations for adoption.
- Carry out various AML due diligence checks for all key parties involved in each KCBR transaction.
- Provide guidance to departments/units for policy development and Provide periodic assessment of the up to date status of policies, and maintain policy tracking and monitoring to ensure policies are up to date as per policy catalogue.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following minimum requirements-
- A Bachelors’ degree from a recognized institution in a business related field/ Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years’ experience in Banking Operations. Prior experience in any compliance related role is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and strong governance awareness.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to network and develop internal and external business relationships.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current salary and benefits, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, 3 reference letters, daytime telephone contact and email address. The deadline for receiving applications is 5th May 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Head of Human Resources
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda or E-mail on: [email protected]