The role reports to the Head of Operations & Logistics, and has a direct responsibility of ensuring that all the Bank’s Agency, Mobile Money, Money Transfer Services (MTS) and Central Operations Suspense accounts are reconciled in line with existing guidelines on reconciliation.
· Determine action to be taken on items outstanding in KCB Bank Rwanda Nostro accounts
· Follow up on action to reverse items in clearing, MTS and Mobile Money suspense accounts in the bank
· Ensure that all transactions in the bank’s referenced suspense accounts are properly aged, and any items that are non-compliant are specifically raised with the concerned department
· Confirm that all transactions involving the In Transit account are reversed on a daily basis
· Consolidate all suspense account returns and submission to Finance Department by the 3rd day of every month
· Mitigate all risks that may arise from the accounts under control
· First contact for all reconciliation matters from the branches, Head office and Group Shared Services
· Supervise personnel working in Central Reconciliation Centre
· Reconciliation of Western Union, MoneyGram and RIA agency accounts, including related sub-agent accounts
· Reconciliation of the RSwitch Settlement Account
· Reconciliation of the Mobile Money Suspense Accounts
· Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
· Master’s Degree and/or Chartered Institute of Bankers qualification will be an added advantage
· At least 5 years’ work experience, with 3 years in banking operations and 2 years in Reconciliation
· Demonstrable knowledge of clearing, MTS, Mobile Money and Nostro accounts’ operations and reconciliation
· Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
· Thorough knowledge of T24 Operations
· Demonstrated creativity and problem solving skills.
· Strong Analytical skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· Knowledge and hands on experience in office automation tools.