Job at Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB): Manager, Central Currency Unit (Deadline: 31 May 2017)
This role exists to manage the cash asset in the bank by ensuring that the bank only holds optimum amounts of cash necessary for daily operations. The role is responsible for planning, supervising, directing and controlling cash operations for KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd to ensure Branches are served and risk of keeping idle cash is minimized.
- Decide on branches’ cash request and serve them as per the operational procedures with respect to TAT and set limits
- Repatriate all excess LCY cash money into BNR always and export all excess FCY
- Collect and deliver cash to branches as per set security and ordering guidelines
- Manage cash held by Central Currency Unit within the set unit limit
- Ensure that all cash repatriated to BNR is sorted into fit and unfit categories as per BNR guidelines
- Ensure all offsite ATMs are reconciled daily and that they are supplied with serviceable/fit notes
- Monitor cash balances for all branches and activity for all offsite ATMs
- Main custodian of cash held in the vault to mitigate against risk of loss
- Ensure that operations for Central Currency Unit are managed in a manner that fosters teamwork, high performance, integrity and transparency
- Authorize all transactions relating to Central Currency Unit, and as per set authorization limits
- Responsible for general administration of staff in Central Currency Unit, and Offsite ATM Team
- Manage the costs relating to Central Currency Unit
For the above position, the successful applicant should have:
- A Bachelors’ degree from a recognized institution in a business or social sciences related field.
- 5 years’ experience in Banking with at least 2 years’ experience in banking operations, cash operations, back office operations, and customer service. In addition, the person should have at least 2 years’ experience in managerial duties
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- High levels of integrity.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current salary and benefits, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, 3 reference letters, daytime telephone contact and email address. The deadline for receiving applications is 31st May 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Head of Human Resources
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda or E-mail on: [email protected]