Job at LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ENTITIES DEVELOPMENT AGENCY : Internal Auditor ( Deadline :13 September 2018
• Develop an annual internal audit plan for activities covered by the “Rwanda Strengthening Social Protection” project (SSPP) in all budget entities in receipt of project funds, covering all major financial management systems.
• Using internationally recognised internal audit techniques to assess the effectiveness of the internal control regimes in the PFM systems used to manage project funds. Test whether key controls are in place to ensure that transactions are recorded (i) promptly, (ii) in their correct amounts and in the proper accounts, (iii) in the correct accounting period to facilitate good financial management and accurate reporting;
• Work with District internal audit units to plan reviews of the adequacy and effectiveness of controls of governance, operations and information systems for incorporation into the District internal audit plan to be approved by the District Council Audit Sub Committee;
• Advise the District Internal Audit functions on the formulation of appropriate recommendations for improving the governance process in accomplishment of project objectives, based on the findings from work done in the Districts
• Review and follow up of the recommendations relating to SSPP in the District Internal Audit Action Plans
• Provide assurance to LODA management and the Audit Committee on the adequacy and effectiveness of LODA’s risk management process;
• Make recommendations to LODA management to avoid waste and fraud and investigate the suspected fraud or irregularity;
• Provide training and implementation support to strengthen internal control documentation, risk management facilitation
Provide other similar services on the request of management, Audit Committee or other high level authorities;
• A0 or Bachelor’s degree in commerce, management or business administration with specialization in finance/accounting/audit and/or an Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (eg ACCA, CPA), with at least 7 years of professional working experience in auditing of financial regulations and procedures. A masters in the same fields mentioned above with at least 5 years of professional working experience in auditing of financial regulations and procedures would also be acceptable.
• Detailed knowledge of international Financial and Auditing Standards, HR & Financial Regulations, Procedures
• Detailed knowledge of MINECOFIN’s Internal Audit Guidelines
• Detailed knowledge of the Government of Rwanda’s public financial management law and regulations
• Detailed knowledge of World Bank PFM guidelines, accounting and reporting requirements;
• Detailed knowledge of systems of internal control, carrying out risk assessments and developing fiduciary risk mitigation measures;
• Strong IT skills, able to work with audit management software, major database and financial management systems and Excel and PowerPoint especially;
Communication and presentation skills excellent problem
– solving skills and clear logical thinking;
• Report writing and presentation skills.
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all three languages is an advantage;