Job at LODA : Director of MIS (Deadline: 11 January 2018)
– Prepare strategic and operational plans for the management Information systems (MIS) unit to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short
– and long
– term goals of the Institution.
– Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT systems, security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss.
– Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to MIS services, including procurement, distribution and asset management.
– Develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and services vendors.
– Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with Institution/Ministry growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements.
– Directs and supervises subordinates to ensure they fulfil their duties in the MIS function.
– Responsible to develop roll
– out/release plans for both new applications and upgrades to existing applications
– Define and support the implementation of new systems, system upgrades, and additional system of existing systems.
– Evaluate various proposed IT solutions and facilitate discussions between the various technical groups, i.e. developers, data base administrators, network services, etc
– Look after the purchase of the software and hardware systems and plan proper budget and quotations for the systems
A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Business Information Technology with 3 years of working experience; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (.NET), LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are added advantages or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System with 1 year of working experience in ICT
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Strategic thinking
– Project management
– Leadership and team
– Knowledge of Strategies of National ICT Policy;
– Deep Understanding of information technology and telecommunications;
– Knowledge to research and analyse technology problems, issues, and program requirements.
– Knowledge of computer hardware/software technologies.
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.