Job at LODA : MIS Software Development Specialist (Deadline: 11 January 2018)
– Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
– Develops functional specifications and system design specifications
– Design and implement software applications to meet organization requirements
– Responsible to deliver quality software solution using standard end to end software development cycle
– Responsible for development of new programs, analyses current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
– Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate; assists lower
– level programmers with programming assignments.
– Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables or procedures, modular and database level.
– Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Business Information Technology, Information Management System with 3 years of working experience ; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (.NET),LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are added advantages or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Business Information Technology
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Open source technologies skills
– Knowledge of web server infrastructure
– Experience leading teams of software engineers in the development of web applications
– Advanced knowledge of Server environments (window, linux, unix)
– XML experience
– Proficient in RDBMS (expertise with Stored Procedures and User
– Defined Functions), database structures, and ADO).
– Database performance tuning experience
– Proficient in web application security and database security. Experience with an application / database layer intrusion detection / prevention appliance is greatly appreciated.
– Expert knowledge of all database vendor versions;
– Proficient in designing, writing, editing, and debugging programs and databases;