JOB AT MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND ANIMAL RESOURCES : Program Manager Agriculture Information and Communication : ( Deadline : 15 May 2019 )
Under the direct supervision of the SPIU Coordinator, the Agriculture Information and Communication Program Manager is in charge of the overall management of Agriculture Information and Communication Program activities in the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, its Projects and Agencies for coordination purpose. Specifically the Agriculture Information and Communication Program Manager will:
– Put in place ways to ensure that the Program objectives and activities are timely and progressively achieved,
– Act as chief sector communications advisor,
– Create and re
– brand the sector image with the objective of making attractive and business oriented.
– Coordinatethe agriculture sectoractivities,
– Coordinate institutional processes that support the effective telling of Rwanda’s Agricultural sector through coordinated communications by preparingcore messages, responses to media, speech, pressmaterial, editorial and media briefs,
– Manage development and implementation of MINAGRIs communication activities,
– Create written and multi
– media content that is effective and impactful and supports the Ministry’s goals.
– Responsible for creating the Ministry’s marketing and promotional collateral; print, audio
– visual, website and online
– Ensure institutional reporting that provides a clear and thorough understanding of communications outputs and impact.
– Manage special events such as sponsorship of events, introducing new products, or other activities the institution supports in order to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and media representatives.
– Ensure the creation and timely distribution of accurate and up to date information about Rwanda ’s developmen tacross the agricultural sectors. Work closely with planning unit and other related departments, and update media at least quarterly on key agricultural statistics
– Avail media trainings for top officials and transfer skills to current communications staff at MINAGRI
– Manage all websites, online and social media for MINAGRI
– Organise pressconferences and fieldvisits for media.
– Be responsible for sourcing and managingcontracts for vendorsthat support communications work.
– Be responsible for mobilizing adequate resources for the implementation of policies and strategies in the area of agriculture information and Communication and ensure the proper use of them.
– Ensure the development of agriculture extension materials system in MINAGRI.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of the sector’s communication activtities
– Ensure feedback of stakeholders in the communication area is obtained and processed.
– Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communication, International Relations, Marketing, Linguistics and Literature, agriculture extension with practical experience of at least 5 years of working experience in a reputable institution in the area of communication or a Master’s Degree in those fields with practical experience of at least 2 years of working experience in a reputable institution in the area of communication.
– Experience in developing and implementing communications programmes
– Experience in producing credible communications content for different target groups and communications channels
– Experience in developing, managing marketing and promotional collateral
– Experience in organising press events and managing media,
– Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver on several communications initiatives.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required;
– Have a highly developed understanding of the management of the implementation of the different communication activities.
– Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
– Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
– Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
– Ability to communicate both orally and through the written expression effectively in English and Kinyarwanda, Knowledge of French and Kiswahili is an additional advantage
– Ability to work in a multicultural environment
– Must be highly creative and have initiative
– Must have the ability to deliver under pressure
– Be a Rwandan by nationality.
– Highly competent, mature and experienced individual with self
– drive and integrity;
– Decisive, practical and results oriented;
– Effective planning, organizational ability and initiative;
– Analytical skills;