Job at Ministry of Education : Higher Education Specialist (Deadline: 14 March 2018)
• Managing the design and development of the Higher Education Policy and the Strategic Plan and ensuring that sound consultation has taken place with all stakeholders.
• Ensure relevant and appropriate inter
– ministerial and inter
– agency coordination and “joined up” working with key ministries, departments and agencies to ensure that the principle and practice of continuing education is maintained and sustained across the country through distance learning, evening classes etc..
• Ensuring the Higher Education Strategic Plan is updated, monitored and evaluated on an annual basis in line with the ESSP and EDPRS.
•Provide support to other colleagues in the Ministry of Education and/or the education sector, as required, and make a sound contribution to ensuring the HE policy is implemented and objectives are achieved
• Work closely with the EMIS Professional Officer, Higher Education Institutions and the National Council for Higher Education to identify and manage the appropriate level and flow of information and statistical data required for monitoring and evaluation purposes through the EMIS system in order to support the implementation of the Higher Education Policy and Strategic Plan.
• Work closely with Director of the National Council for Higher Education on the promotion and implementation of Higher Education Policy and Strategic Plan.
. Work closely with new Higher Learning Institutions to ensure that all developments follow the MINEDUC norms and standards are aligned with the Higher Education Policy and Strategic Plan.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Public Policy, Education Planning, Educational Management & Administration with 3 years working Relevant experience or Master’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Public Policy, Education Planning, Educational Management & Administration.
Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwanda Education Sector;
– Good knowledge of government policy
– making and legislative processes;
– Knowledge of the Education sector;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills;
– Strong Leadership skills;
– Technical understanding of system being analysed and how it affects the various business units;
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines;
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes;
– Able to work well with both internal and external clients;
– Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users and managers;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.