JOB AT MINISTRY OF EDUCATION : Home Grown School Feeding Project Manager : ( Deadline : 29 December 2018 )
1. Produce the HGSF project quarterly Action Plan and provide support to implementing partners(REB, Districts, HGSF Working Group…) in designing and implementation of their periodic activity plans and budgets in line with the agreed Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB) .
2. Initiate and coordinate the activities of developing a national strategy for progressive financing for the HGSF.
3. Organize and Coordinate trainings for staff and committees involved in the project implementation
4. Coordinate all activities of purchasing Food and Non – Food items to provide to the pilot schools
5. Oversee HGSF activities at district level in collaboration with the HGSF District Coordinators
6. Organize regular Joint monitoring activities.
7. Advocate for resources for school feeding from national, district, sector and local communities.
8. Supporting targeted Districts to mobilize small
– holder farmers to strengthen local purchase opportunities.
9. Analyze and synthesize the quarterly reports from the targeted
10. Districts and prepare feedback where necessary.
11. Working with the MINEDUC’s finance department in all matters related to the project finances and make comparison with the funds received from WFP.
12. Produce regular financial and narrative reports (monthly and quarterly) and work plans as requested by partners and Government institutions.
13. Assist external auditors during their audit mission
14. Participate in or attend special events or meetings addressing issues related to the School Feeding Programme and other initiatives as requested by MINEDUC.
15. Any other duties as assigned by the Ministry of Education in the area of School Feeding.
– Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Education, Public health, Project management, Business Administration in (Finance and Accounting), Agro Business, Economics and Social sciences.
– Having a relevant professional experience of 7 years at managerial level in Project Management, Program designing and coordinating financial management of donor funded projects;
– Demonstrate capacity to work pro
– actively with partners;
– Proven working experience in project management and financial skills;
– Be familiar with the Rwandan education system;
– Proficient level of MS Office package (MS Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.);
– Fluent in English; working knowledge of French or both languages is an added advantage.