Job at Ministry of Education: Procurement Officer (Deadline: 10 April 2018 )
. Participate in assessing needs.
. Participate in the budget allocation process.
. Prepare the annual procurement plan.
. Advertise the tender and tender document preparation.
. Distribution of tender documents and receiving bids.
. Opening of bids, evaluation of bids, notification of bidders and recommendation for contract award.
. Participate in contract negotiation, if required.
– up of contract execution.
. Approve the delivery /contract completion in collaboration with the user department.
. Monthly reporting to RPPA on contract execution process.
. Reporting to any funding Institution or donor.
. Represent the institution in case of Procurement Audit.
Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Management, Accounting, Law,
Public Finance, Economics.
Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– High Analytical skills;
– Negotiation skills;
– Knowledge of basic business and purchasing practices;
– Excellent Communication skills;
– Knowledge of state contracting laws, regulations and
– Knowledge of grades, qualities, supply and price trends of
– Time Management skills;
– Decision making skills;
– Computer skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all
these three (3) languages is an advantage.