Job at Ministry of Education : Sector Planning and Budgeting Specialist (Deadline: 14 March 2018)
• Collect useful data in the development of policies, strategies and sectoral plans.
• Support the development of the sectoral strategic plans and its budget in a professional standards manner.
• Support defining the sectoral performance indicators of different programs or activities.
• Consolidate the action plans from different units and agencies under supervision of the Ministry.
• Support the monitoring, implementation and update of Ministry’s strategic and action plans.
• Ensure that the strategic plans are results oriented.
• Prepare ToRs of new projects for the Ministry.
• Maintain relationship with donors and other potential partners of the Ministry.
• Organize meeting of mid
– term review (Joint Sector Review) for different programs with partners.
• Develop tools for reporting and share them with different units.
• Work with all Units and Programs to ensure reporting deadlines prior to final submission are met and consolidate the Ministry’s quarterly and annually reports.
• Prepare standard monthly, quartery, mid
– term and annual Reports that are accurate, clear and informative.
• Liaise closely with the Finance Unit, for validation of financial reports.
• Consolidate budget from different units and ensure the linkage between the plans and the budgets.
• Analyse and consolidate the MTEFs from various units.
• Develop guidelines and procedures to report on the implementation and impact of budget execution and procurement plan.
• Maintain a list/database to track Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) capacities of all staff.
• Contribute to training on good PMER practices of all staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Public Policy, Education Planning, Economics, Project Management, Management, Development Studies, Business Administration, Educational Management & Administration, Education & Development with 3 years working Relevant experience ; or Master’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Education Public Policy, Education Planning, Economics, Project Management, Management, Development Studies, Business Administration, Educational Management & Administration,
Education & Development. Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwanda Education Sector;
– Good knowledge of government policy
– making and legislative processes;
– Knowledge of the Education sector;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills;
– Strong Leadership Skills;
– Technical understanding of system being analysed and how it affects the various business units;
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines;
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes;
– Able to work well with both internal and external clients;
– Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users and managers;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.