Job at Ministry of Education : TVET Specialist (Deadline: 14 March 2018)
• Responsible for managing the design and development of the Technical Education Policy and the Strategic Plan in collaboration with the Director PME and other relevant stakeholders and/or committees.
• Ensure relevant and appropriate inter
– ministerial coordination concerning Technical Education policy dialogue and service delivery with key ministries, departments and agencies and specifically with MIFOTRA, MINECOFIN, MYICT, MINICOM.
•Work closely with the TVET Technical Advisers based in the MINEDUC to develop an Annual Training and Development Plan that are aligned with the TVET Policy
•Ensure that any consultancy and/or training have clear terms of reference, is procured according to MINEDUC procurement rules and the work of the consultants and/or trainers is monitored and evaluated.
• Responsible for ensuring the Technical Education Strategic Plan is updated, monitored and evaluated on an annual basis in line with the ESSP and EDPRS
• Ensure the coordination of the development and implementation of any other relevant sub policies and strategies relating to Technical Education.
•Establish close working relationships with all Development Partners operating within the Technical Education field to enable effective technical and financial assistance for the implementation of the Technical Education Policy and Strategic Plan.
•Work closely with the Network of Technical Schools on the implementation of the Technical Education Policy and Strategic Plan.
•Work closely with the District Directors of Education and the District Education Officers on the promotion and implementation of the Technical Policy and Strategic Plan at the local level and agree the level of information and statistical data required for monitoring and evaluation purposes through the EMIS system.
• Work closely with the Rwanda Private Sector to ensure alignment with the Technical Education Policy and Strategic Plan and to encourage and mobilize private sector initiatives in relation to Technical Education;
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Agriculture, Hospitality & Recreation Arts with 3 years working Relevant experience; or Master’s Degree in Technology, Agriculture, Hospitality & Recreation Arts.
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwanda Education Sector;
– Good knowledge of government policy
– making and legislative processes;
– Knowledge of the Education sector;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills;
– Strong Leadership Skills;
– Technical understanding of system being analysed and how it affects the various business units;
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines;
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes;
– Able to work well with both internal and external clients;
– Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users and managers;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.