Job at MINISTRY OF EDUCATION: Director of School Infrastructure Norms and Standards (Deadline:19 Apr 2018)
. Coordinating the activities of the Unit
. Promoting proper development, review and management of the Unit Plans and strategies.
. Foster collaboration and cooperation between Schools and Unit.
. Ensure that Inspection of schools infrastructure, Norms and Standards are done regulary and necessary correctional measures are reported.
. Providing technical support or advice to the Schools regarding schools Infrastructure, Norms and Standards
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architecture with 3 years of relevant working experience or a Master’s Degree in Construction Project Management, Architecture or Civil Engineering, registrar and affiliated to a reputable professional body
. Key technical skills & knowledge required:
– General knowledge on Rwanda Education system and policies;
– Knowledge of international learning best practices;
– Knowledge of conventional learning inspection procedures;
– Knowledge of common inspection reporting & feedback approaches;
– Prevailing building & development standards & regulations;
– Building materials supply markets Local labour regimes & laws;
– Building design production & construction processes; Procurement law and practices;
– Computer literacy (CAD, Ms Project, Word, Excel & Power point);
– Good report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer literacy;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Management and administrative skills;
– Time management;
– Synthesis skills;
– Interpretation skills;
– Analysis skills;
– Communication skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.