Job at MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT :NETWORK AND SYSTEM APPLICATION OFFICER ( Deadline:12 September 2018 )
• • Install and configure server operating systems
• Create user domain and set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
• Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the server infrastructure.
• Administer and maintain computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
• Perform a wide range of system administration duties on MIS database, application, and other servers including install, debug, maintain, upgrade, and general support.
• Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
• Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
• Maintain logs related to servers’ as well as maintenance and repair records.
• Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
• Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel in order to facilitate purchases
• Performs other duties as required.
• Report on all activities
A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 3 years of working experience and Certifications in A+, N+ is required; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (.NET),LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are an added OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 1 year of working experience in ICT or advantage.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Strategies of National ICT Policy;
– Deep Understanding of information technology and telecommunications;
– Knowledge to research and analyze technology problems, issues, and program requirements.
– Knowledge of computer hardware/software technologies.
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills a
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.