JOB AT MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT : SECTOR CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST : ( Deadline : 02 August 2019 )
• • Elaborate and develop a comprehensive five
– year Sector organizational, institutional and individual capacity development plan in view of short and long term training and human development.
• Preparation of annual capacity development plans, budgets and performance contracts by the program and ensure a successful alignment to government’s strategic direction of transformative leadership and citizens’ engagement.
• Coordinate or align training modules to direct beneficiaries of the training on the basis of best practices and the principles of “learning by doing”.
• Provide support on partnership building on capacity building between the Ministry and other relevant government institutions in the country as well as various Legal Training Institutions within and outside the country.
• Develop an international benchmarking framework in collaboration with institutions to support international exposure and hands
– skill development of ENR Sector Staff`
• Develop the required capacity development quality standards and progress monitoring framework across the Projects under the Ministry of Environment.
• Design a training needs assessment tool that can be used as a base
– line measurement and guide for Individual staff training and training plan design.
• Design and implement a strategy for delivering community capacity building and training in areas covered by Strengthening Capacities to ENR Sector Program for socioeconomic transformation of communities
• Ensure that national, local public institutions, Civil Society Organizations and Private Sector technical capacities are strengthened for effective and efficient management of green growth financing mechanisms through trainings.
• Enhance institutional and technical capacity to integrate climate resilience into trans
– boundary water catchment management through training
• Submit scheduled project progress reports on activities, results, resource utilization, and contributions to updating of issue/risk log on capacity building activities of the program.
• A Master’s Degree in Education, Human Resource Management, Management, Business Administration or Sociology with 3 years of experience in capacity building area
• Or a Bachelor degree with 5 years in the same field as above.
• Extensive experience in the context of capacity development including production of the required strategies, plans and monitoring frameworks;
• Experience in engaging stakeholders from private and public sectors both in the national and international development context;
In addition, the Position holder should have
• Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving; excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Ability to work in team;
• Ability to work under continuous pressure and meet deadlines;
• Energetic optimistic approach to all possible problems;
• Strong computer skills are mandatory