Job at MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING : HR Officer (Deadline: 17 August 2018)
– Review/preparation of job descriptions for all existing posts and any new positions to be created;
– Coordinating and administering an effective recruitment program including organizing and chairing interviews panels, testing and hiring both local staff;
– Responsible for needs analysis, job descriptions, securing approvals, preparation of advert, initial screening, organizing employment tests including written tests as well as oral interviews;
– Responsible for contract management including term limits, accruing benefits, performance management as per contract, services with regard to contract renewal/termination;
– Organizing and managing the induction process for staff
– Maintaining a professional filing system covering all HR records
– Ensure that HR statistical information is prepared (new joiners, number of leavers and annual staff turnover, sickness, absence, age profile of workforce and performance appraisal ratings;
– Ensure that HR Policies and procedures are in place.
– Staff performance management by ensuring effective implementation of existing guidelines, procedures and process; organizing staff appraisals interviews at both levels (supervisor
– employee) and staff performance review committee; compiling appraisal results make analysis and make a presentation of overall results to a staff general meeting;
– Based on staff performance appraisal results, play an advisory role to staff and heads of departments;
– Initiating, organizing and coordinating employee training and development by assisting the managers to analyze training and learning needs arising from the appraisal process, analyzing training needs and requests from departments and make an overall training plan that is shared and approved by managers;
– Ensuring that staff have identification cards, RAMA Cards as well as Social Security numbers;
– Ensuring the payroll is well administered and the statutory deduction, declaration and contributions are made;
– Ensuring that the staff annual leaves cycle is well managed.
A0 in Human Resource Management, Management, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences.
– Knowledge of analysis of the existing system including policies, strategies and plans related to Human Resources;
– Knowledge in the Development of Human Resources Policies and procedures
– Leadership skills;
– High analytical skills;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer Literate;
– Coordination, planning and organisational skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.