Job at Ministry of ICT : HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
1. Provide support to supervisors and staff on recruitment and selection process:
• Participate in the development of recruitment policies and procedures; and monitor their implementation in the institution;
• Provide assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment;
• Lead the process of writing job descriptions and ensure that they are accurate;
• Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions;
• Participate in short listing and inform successful candidates’ dates of written and oral exams;
• Schedule and organize exams (written and interviews);
• Organize staff orientations (induction period);
• Ensure probation phase are concluded and reports made.
2. Provide support to supervisors and staff on skills and capabilities development.
• Conduct regular capacity needs assessment and identify training and development opportunities;
• Provide assistance in making human resource development plans;
• Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities;
• Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies, training plans and procedures;
• Access funding for training and write proposals.
3. Monitor staff performance
• Ensure all staff signed their performance contract on time and their compliance with duties and annual plan of action;
• Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluation;
• Provide advice and recommendations on actions to be taken for performing staff (rewards) and non performing staff (sanctions).
4. Manage administrative and financial records of staff
• Update personnel records on a regular basis.
• Identify incomplete records and ensure proper filing.
• Prepare monthly salaries and allowances.
• Declare monthly and quarterly statutory contributions.
5. Monitor staff attendance activities.
• Monitor daily attendance of staff;
• Investigate and understand causes for staff absences;
• Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties;
• Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services;
• Recommend disciplinary measure for staff with unjustified absences.
6. Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors on human resource and work related issues (Policies, regulations, etc).
• Ensure proper implementation of existing human resource management policies, regulations and procedures;
• Promote labor standards and workplace safety;
• Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems.
7. Managing logistics operations
• Develop and implement the methodologies and tools to enable effective execution of logistic plans;
• Ensure daily management of logistics in order to facilitate the proper functioning of works;
• Ensure the codification and record of material;
• Elaborate periodic inventory of fixed and non
– fixed assets to the competent authority on regular basis (monthly, quarterly and annual);
• Ensure the delivery of material or equipment ordered to the Institution;
• Organize and supervise distribution of purchased assets;
• Ensure maintenance of non
– fixed assets;
• Identify equipment that need to be replaced based on law related to amortization rate, and the status of material;
• Provide a written technical advice for the decommissioning of damaged or depreciated equipments;
• Participate in elaboration of Contract for maintenance, service and equipments.
8. Management of Stores
• Ensure the proper management of MiTEC stores;
• Ensure proper management of vehicles;
• Ensure proper management of fuel
• Elaborate a consolidation report related to all property to the competent authority on regular basis (monthly, quarterly and annual).
A0 in Human Resource Management, Management, Public Administration, Administrative Sciences
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of analysis of the existing system including policies, strategies and
plans related to Human Resources;
– Knowledge in the Development of Human Resources Policies and procedures
– Leadership skills;
– High analytical skills;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer Literate;
– Coordination, planning and organisational skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an